I visited my local Bernal Heights library branch this afternoon, in search of a place to sit and read. It turned out to be one of the last weeks the building is open before it closes for an extensive renovation. On a kid-filled sunny spring Saturday, the current building gives the impression of being a community center rather than a library, with more conversations, computers, and chaos than visible books.
I’m looking forward to the new design. The neighborhood obviously is drawn to the location, which swirls with families out walking dogs and babies.
— — — —
Things I’m currently researching…
- Wedding venues in the Detroit area that are:
- Interesting-looking or unusual
- Cheap, cheap, cheap!
- Things to do in Brighton, UK
- Search Engine Optimization
- Cat grooming (did you know you can use baby powder to make your cat less itchy?)
- Better WordPress plugins (I’m playing with a new Twitter sidebar)
- Management jobs in SF for my sweetie Chuck this summer