I can’t be self-promotional all alone here, people. I need your help! Vote for meeeee!
My proposal is up for voting right now on the South By Southwest Interactive Panel Picker. It’s a geek frenzy over there. Vote early and often.
VOTE HERE (login required)
Video Game Research: Failing Our Way to Victory
Users are weird. They tell you one thing and do another. They click everywhere and read nothing. Erica Firment, a User Experience designer for Linden Lab/Second Life, chronicles fast and effective ways to make your software suck less by spending a few hours watching users fail.
- How can video games win by watching their players fail?
- What is video game user research?
- What do you mean by “watch users fail?”
- Can’t I just send out a survey? (NO!)
- Why are 3D world interfaces hard to design?
- What are some things in Second Life that got better by watching users fail?
- How does Second Life collect information?
- Why should developers and product managers invest in user research?
- What are some easy ways for me to do user research?
- What are some cheap ways for me to do user research?