Today was big and full. I’m tired, so here’s a list for you. Bullet points are less intimidating.
- I crashed our application today by accidentally deploying to Production rather than my localhost. Oops. But then I fixed it and felt all cool with my mad Linux skillz.
- I’m staying out at my friend’s farm, and this morning I woke up to giggling girls downstairs, local organic bacon and fresh bread, fresh carrot/ginger juice, friendly German shepherd dogs, showtunes, and the nicest snowy upstate NY vista you could hope for.
- Within 12 hours, I asked for and got $5000 from my bank for a new car. Frightening.
- I helped my friend’s daughter watch Sesame Street.
- I helped my employer research how to sell animal sounds for Second Life folks. Advice welcome.
- I drove out to Amish country in a veggie oil-burning truck and saw a tractor museum while helping my friends pick up a forklift that they bought on Ebay.
- We got pulled over for speeding, but were let go because the cop liked the veggie oil truck.
- I waved at Amish children playing in the street with a Shetland pony cart.
- I watched the sun set behind as a mile-long V of migrating geese flew overhead.
- My cow-orkers grilled outside at lunch for the first time. Someone brought venison. Fun was had.
- The pond outside my work window froze last night, and dozens of geese spent the day sliding on the ice with huge leathery feet.
- I received a kind text message.
- I set up my new laptop.
- I helped make a timeline for an NSDL grant.
- I patronized a 4-H bake sale and volunteered to do a beekeeping talk.
- I learned that rolling back to a previous version in Subversion is a pain.
- I stopped taking pain meds and the Frankensteinian curved laceration on my right shoulder has proven to be no trouble at all.
Goodnight. More adventures tomorrow as I travel to Pennsylvania to pick up a car and my motorcycle learners permit.