I just checked the frappr map, and dang you Librarian Avengers are so cute! And geographically disparate! All 81 of you. Gulp.
Once I realized there are so many people out there willing to read about my battles with bad librarianship, scary interfaces, and look at photos of my grandma, I had to sit in the closet and rock back and forth for awhile. But I’m back! And do I have news for you.
According to Siva and the ALA, there are more libraries in the U.S. than there are McDonalds. Let’s consider this news. Let’s consider the possibilities it opens up. Let’s consider what, say, 16,220 librarians (that’s one librarian from every U.S. branch) could DO if we all decided to work together. Are you thinking? Let’s make a list. I’ll start.
- We could swarm the U.S. Senate carrying burning copies of the Patriot Act on pitchforks.
- We could donate one book each and create a brand new library
- We could build a search taxonomy for the ALA BY HAND
- We could build an entire neighborhood for Habitat for Humanity and call it Librarian Land.
- We could dig up enough dirt on our local censors and anti-library-funding jerks to put them all out of commission.
- We could start selling yummy hamburgers and make the whole country fat.
- We could start making people do pushups for books and make the whole country fit.
- We could have the world’s biggest librarian party! Every year! Twice!
7 Replies to “Overwhelm them with sheer numeric superiority”
When you decide to storm the Senate call me. I’ll provide pitch forks, but lets have a few spares in case certain politicians decide to show up…
Nice try Kristel.
I think a Librarian Avenger luau would be
(in the words of the immortal Van Morrison)
Real, Real Gone!
I’m nr. 133 on the map … 67 to go!
Good thing you didn’t promise to do the stripping yourself on your party. ;-)
All the best.
We could ban together and get a group health insurance policy for all those librarians and library workers who don’t have any.
Absolutely! I can get behind a list like this. Let me know when you start the planning. =)
Very cool list!!
Comments are closed.