My daughter, Elizabeth West Firment, was born in early November. The last…ever since…has been a nonstop, nonsleep blur of boobs, love, fuss, and delirium. In the process, I have learned these five things:
- Ceiling fans are TV for babies.
- At week six, nursing goes from being a special woodchipper for your nipples to something fairly ok. Eventually, it will become rather pleasant, and you will be able to play World of Warcraft while feeding your child, like my friend Kelly’s wife does. I’m pretty sure she levels up faster by simultaneously breastfeeding and p0wning n00bz.
- The sun did not shine, it was too wet to play, so we sat in the house all that cold cold wet day.
- There is a 4am. It comes before 5am, which is that time you read about once that precedes 6am. You do not have the right to a full night’s sleep. You have given that right to your baby, who may use it as she sees fit.
- Your baby’s smile generates a burst of hormones that if necessary will enable you to lift a car or cut out your own spleen.
Photos are up on flickr. Thanks for all the casseroles!
Librarians see themselves as the guardians of the First Amendment… I wouldn’t mess with them. I really didn’t realize the librarians were, you know, such a dangerous group.
— Michael Moore, after outraged librarians saved his book
To celebrate our profession’s revolutionary approach toward freedom of expression,
I have created a new product line*
at the Librarian Avengers store, featuring the Revolutionary Librarian
. She’s a deadpan librarian, wielding the Flaming Stamp of justice. You can get her on a coffee cup, shirt, or on some glossy cards to send to your nettlesome patrons. Yes, those are knitting needles in her hair.
*As usual, all proceeds go toward the Erica family “mortgage and random charities” fund
I’ve upgraded the Librarian Avengers shop, and cleaned up the products and metadata.
Because EVERYONE LOVES CLEAN METADATA!
Check it out.
Finally! A solution to book-banning and community standards. heh.
From the webcomic Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal…
Page-a-Day calendars are a blatant waste of paper. I’m shocked. Shocked, and very very covetous of this Cute Overload Calendar.
I’m buying two. One for me, and one for my grandma. That lady needs more cute in her life.
…from Cute Overload
etsy.com is a site where arts n’ crafters sell their wares.
If you shop at etsy, chances are pretty high you you are supporting a stay-at-home-mom, a starving artist, or a woman who wouldn’t otherwise get compensation for her work.
With that said, brookadelphia on etsy offers some pretty cool read necklaces. Don’t tell the ALA.
Hooray! There’s some new t-shirts over at the Librarian Avengers Store. Because if you are like me, you are frantically looking for holiday presents when you should be working.
That’s it. I’m done. Everyone is getting PowerSquids for Christmas this year.
Buy a t-shirt.